Apply to be Scoutmaster for the 2017 National Jamboree Contingent
The Jayhawk Area Council will have one Troop contingent needing Four Adult leaders, one being the Scoutmaster, two being Assistants and one being a youth leader (ages 18-25). Please, complete and return the Scoutmaster application (below) to the Scout office. This does not automatically qualify you or commit you to attend, it merely gives us an idea of who is interested. Our Jamboree committee will select leaders for interviews after reviewing all the applications. Those interviews will be held late May or early June 2015. The dates of the National Jamboree are July 19-28, 2017
. Please visit www.summitbsa.org
for more information.
2017 Jamboree Scoutmaster Application.pdf
2017 Jamboree Scoutmaster Application.docx
All Jamboree Scoutmasters and Assistant Scoutmaster must meet the following requirements:
- Must have a current BSA membership with a Boy Scout troop or Varsity Scout team.
- Scoutmasters and First Assistant Scoutmasters must be at least 21 years of age by the first day of the jamboree.
- Second Assistant Scoutmasters must be at least 18 years of age by the first day of the jamboree.
- Third Assistant Scoutmasters must be at least 18 years of age by the first day of the jamboree but not yet 21 years of age by the last day of the jamboree.
- Scoutmaster applicants must be currently serving as a Scoutmaster or Varsity Coach.
- For Second and Third Assistant Scoutmasters, be currently serving in any adult troop or team leadership position.
- Scoutmaster applicants must have completed Scoutmaster or Varsity Scout Coach leader specific training.
- All adult leaders must complete Youth Protection Training within one year of the first day of the jamboree.
- All adult leaders must be able to serve as a role model of physical fitness. Have participated in the pre-jamboree training experience.
- All adult leaders must have filed a Jamboree Personal Health and Medical record with the council jamboree committee before the pre-jamboree training.
- All adult leaders must be approved by the local council.
- All adult leaders must submit all registration fees per the local council's payment schedule.
2017 National Scout Jamboree Council Fees
The 2017 National Scout Jamboree participant fees are as follows below. This does not include the cost of travel and activities along the way to and from the Jamboree. The total price will be released was contingent details are confirmed.
Youth and Adult participants—TBD (2013 price was $850)
Adult leaders ages 18-25 through July 28, 2017—TBD (2013 price was $425)
The national fee covers the expense of program materials, food, insurance, and equipment, as well as the use of a tent, cot, dining shelters, stoves, fuel, and cooking utensils during your adventure at the jamboree. The national fee also includes a “Jambo Kit,” which is to be determined.
The Jayhawk Area Council will set their own jamboree fee, including the deposit and payment schedule, based on their travel and tour expenses and the national payment due dates.
Backdating schedule prior to the 2017 National Jamboree
January – Preliminary jamboree info up at www.summitbsa.org
April – Staff applications due
May – Youth participant and adult leader registration open
June – Jayhawk Area Council selects Jamboree leadership team.
January – Scholarship form becomes available
January – first payment due
July – Second payment due
September – Shakedown Campout
January – Final payment due
April – Medical forms due
May – Shakedown Campout
June – Staff arrival begins
July 19-28 – National Jamboree